51 Lawson Crescent, Acton Peninsula, Acton ACT 2601
|Postal address||GPO Box 553, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia|
|ABN||62 020 533 641|
|Front desk||(02) 6246 1111|
0476 843 522 (please SMS if no answer)
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about improving our services, please let us know by completing our feedback form. You can contact us by phone (02) 6246 1111 or using the contact form above.
Information and procedures for requesting the removal of content from our website can be found on our takedown request page.
Please see our procedure for complaints below for information about the process for handling complaints. If you are still unhappy with our service, you may wish to contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
We will use your feedback to ensure that we provide services of the highest standard. We appreciate your efforts to help us to serve you better.
We value your comments and feedback so we can better understand your needs and be able to continuously improve our services.
A complaint can be made in person, phone call, email or a letter. Formal complaints are those made in writing, including email and letter.
AIATSIS will do the following to resolve your complaint:
- All efforts will be made to address the concern as soon as it is made known
- Issues will be elevated to the executive unit if you are not satisfied with our initial response, or you require more detailed information than what has been supplied.
Process for handling general complaints (in person or via telephone)
- AIATSIS staff are the first point of contact and will endeavour to address your complaint immediately
- AIATSIS staff will check whether you wish to formalise your complaint and make you aware of complaints handling information on the AIATSIS website
- If you wish to formalise your complaint, you can lodge this via the website in writing or by speaking with the listed contact officer
- AIATSIS staff will prepare a response to your complaint in consultation with their unit Director
- If the above steps do not result in a satisfactory response, you can request that your complaint is escalated to the Principal for a response
Information regarding complaints handling
AIATSIS ensures that our complaints handling information is prominent on the website and easily accessible.
Contacting AIATSIS to make a complaint
An online enquiry form is available.
If you are dissatisfied or have concerns about our day-to-day services, please discuss this with the person you dealt with or their supervisor, and we will try to resolve your concerns immediately.
If you are still not satisfied, contact the Director, of the Office of the CEO, by phoning 02 6261 4201 or emailing ExecutiveCoordination@aiatsis.gov.au.
Timeframes for complaints handling
Complaints that are not able to be resolved immediately will be addressed within ten (10) working days, including responses in writing.
The Executive unit is responsible for the complaints register. Each program area must ensure the Executive unit is provided with details of formal complaints to include in the register. The register will be viewed by the Senior Executive Board bi-annually.
The AIATSIS Research Ethics Committee considers complaints and/or allegations related to research projects sponsored or conducted solely by AIATSIS or in partnership with an external organisation. Depending on the nature of the complaint, a person concerned about the conduct of research undertaken or funded by AIATSIS may choose one of several options to raise their concern.
If you have any concerns regarding research misconduct, please contact:
Kate Thomann, Executive Director, Research and Education