We encourage you to join the discussions on our social media accounts.
When connecting with us on social media:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that AIATSIS’ social media channels may contain images, voices or names of deceased persons in photographs, film, audio recordings or printed material.
- Please do not use our social media channels as a vehicle for business or self-promotion.
- Conversation between users is encouraged but any forms of bullying, abuse, racial slurs, coarse language, product/event/political promotion will be removed.
- Comment removal is at the discretion of AIATSIS.
Social media acceptable use
These conditions of use are in addition to any user policy or terms and conditions imposed by the social media platform.
As a user of the AIATSIS' social media platforms you may express your views, comments, ideas, insights, and criticisms about our work.
At the same time, you should show courtesy and respect to others and must not use the channels to abuse others, expose others to offensive or inappropriate content, or for any unlawful purpose.
Please be aware that we may change the acceptable use conditions at any time.
When commenting please:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about either yourself or of others in your posts (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- not be abusive, harass or threaten others
- not make defamatory or libellous comments
- not use insulting, provocative or hateful language
- not use obscene or offensive language
- not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- not post multiple versions of the same view or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- not promote commercial interests in your posts
- not include internet addresses or links to websites, or any email addresses in your post
- not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- not encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age
- not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
AIATSIS reserves the right to enforce the conditions of acceptable use at its discretion. We may remove any posted messages we consider to be in breach of the conditions of use. We may also block or delete you as a user if we consider that that you have breached these conditions.
If you have any questions about acceptable use please contact us.
We produce a monthly AIATSIS newsletter that provides all the latest news and content from across our organisation. The AIATSIS Native Title newsletter is produced twice a year and is intended to keep organisations, practitioners and individuals involved in native title up to date.
Donating to the AIATSIS Foundation will directly impact forever on the future of all Australians.
Our strong (and growing) membership network is a unique part of our organisation's structure.