Our security responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- The data you provide will be safe. Encryption is used to protect the personal information you provide us and this data will only be used for the specified purpose
- Your data will be stored at a secure facility. Regular backups of data are performed to ensure it can be recovered in case of disaster
- All access to AIATSIS websites is logged. If any unauthorised behaviour should occur, this will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue.
Increasing your safety online
Protecting your computer
- Install and activate security software on your computer. Ensure your security software includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall and anti-spam filters
- Run regular scans of your computer for viruses
- Remember to update your security software to ensure you are always running the current version.
Other steps you should take to help protect your computer include:
- Check your Internet browser’s security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure
- Do not open email attachments if you do not know the sender
- Only download files from reputable Internet sites
- Be wary when exchanging files with colleagues or friends
- Never click on hyperlinks in emails received from unknown sources.
Protecting your password
- Never share your password with anyone
- Never send your password via email
- Make your password as strong as possible.
You should report and suspicious or unauthorised activity relating to your use of any of AIATSIS' websites by contacting us.