The Indigenous Research Exchange improves outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples by ensuring there is more involvement and agency in research projects.
We encourage and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to set research priorities, lead projects and determine the appropriate collection and use of data about communities.
The Indigenous Research Exchange is an exciting opportunity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and organisations to work together to translate research into meaningful, useful and practical information.
The key objectives of the Indigenous Research Exchange are to:
- Connect people, data, ideas and evidence
- Translate, synthesise, and disseminate evidence and data
- Make research findings more accessible, contestable and useable
- Shape research agendas
- Promote good practice and use good evidence
- A research grants program building on the evidence base supporting Indigenous decision making and policy design. Note this program is now fully expended.
- Yumi Sabe, a data platform showcasing Indigenous research, addressing the need for access to useable data and information..
Exchange Advisory Board
The Indigenous Research Exchange Advisory Board provides strategic guidance to the Exchange and ensures the outcomes and objectives of the program are achieved. The Advisory Board established research priorities to inform each grant funding round, based on engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders peoples.
- Craig Ritchie
- Kate Thomann (ex officio)
- Jessica Hartmann (ex officio)
- Professor Bronwyn Fredricks
- Professor Peter Anderson
- Professor Greg Lehman
- Professor Colleen Hayward
- Professor Jacinta Elston
- Kenny Bedford
- Professor Megan Davis
- Professor Lisa Jackson-Pulver
Indigenous Research Exchange team
- Tamsin Porter – Assistant Director
- Layla Phillips – Project Officer
- Larry Campbell-Davis – Data Officer
- Derek Brown – Research Officer (Grants Program)
- Carolyn Jeffress – Research Officer