Subject guide - Ethical Protocols for Working with Indigenous Australians
A guide on searching the AIATSIS Mura® Collections Catalogue for material
How do I find items relating to Ethical Protocols for working with Indigenous Australians in the AIATSIS Collections?
Go to our Mura® Collections Catalogue and use some of the following search terms:
- "Research Ethics"
- "Cultural Protocols – Welcome to Country"
- "Cultural Property"
- "Cultural Policy"
You can refine your search by:
- Browsing the AIATSIS thesauri for relevant terms.
- Place Name, for example: Fregon.
- Language or People Name, for example: Pitjantjatjara language.
To find if a library near you has the item search Trove.
Are there any online resources for Ethical Protocols for working with Indigenous Australians?
There are a number of free websites and subscription databases containing online material, some full-text, for Ethical Protocols for working with Indigenous Australians. Highlights include:
- AIATSIS Guidelines for Ethical Research in Australian Indigenous Studies
- Our culture our future
- Aboriginal knowledge and intellectual property protocol community guide
- ATSILIRN Protocols
- Protocols for producing Indigenous Australian Visual Arts
- What is Welcome to Country
- A Guide to Interacting Respectfully and Reciprocally with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, and their Arts Practices and Intellectual Property
Didn't find the answer? Contact us
GPO Box 553, Canberra, ACT 2601
P: +61 2 6246 1182