The Research Grant Program provides grant opportunities that identify and fund projects that:
- Support high quality Indigenous led research.
- Improve the accessibility and availability of quality robust research and evidence based solutions.
- Support organisations to participate in research activities that will have relevance and impact beyond the community and project.
The Research Grant Program aims to build the evidence base to support Indigenous decision making and policy design through system changing and impact driven projects led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
AIATSIS will ensure that the grants fund a diverse range of research projects that contribute towards the following objectives:
- All projects funded will have strong Indigenous leadership.
- The projects will represent the highest quality in approach and ethics.
- Funded projects will have relevance and impact beyond the community or project.
- Outputs of the projects will be translated into forms that are accessible by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and policy makers to inform design and decision making.
- Outputs of the projects will add to the evidence and data available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and policy makers in accordance with the highest standards for recognition and protection of Indigenous cultural and intellectual property.
- Outputs of the project will be made available on the Knowledge Exchange Platform where culturally appropriate, and required permissions have been given, by both the grantee and respective ICIP holders.
For further information about the Indigenous Research Exchange, please contact: