A discussion of the Mabo case and what it has achieved in the context of land rights litigation, legislation and indigenous political organisations which preceded it and have come from it:
- Gove 1970, Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1976,Peinkinna 1977, Coe 1978, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Self Management) Act 1978, Ranger 1978-80, Noonkanbah 1978-80, Framlingham 1979, Onus v Alcoa 1980, Pitjantjara Land Rights Act 1981, Wacando 1981, Uluru 1979, Koowarta 1982, Aboriginal Land Rights Act NSW 1983, Maralinga-Tjarutja Land Rights Act 1984, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage Protection Act 1984, Bropho 1990-92;
- Aboriginal legal services 1973-4, Northern Land Council 1974, Central Land Council 1974, Pitjantjatjara Land Council 1977, Kimberley Land Council 1978, North Queensland Land Council 1978, Native Title Representative Bodies 1993-4
- NACC, NAC, ATSIC, ATSI Social Justice Commissioner, Reconciliation Council, Congress;
- RCIADIC 1987-91, Bringing Them Home Report 1997;
- Wik 1996, Yarmirr 2001, Yorta Yorta 2002, Ward 2002.