In researching how we can strengthen and ensure the survival of a minority culture, such as Indigenous people in a colonised country, I looked for the blueprints of ancient Australia to find how a culture needs to be maintained in order to allow its people to develop a strong, resilient identity.
The CultuRecode™ project was set-up to establish a model that will provide Indigenous societies, policymakers and business with objective measures of the critical importance core value difference plays when working or developing programs.
The key questions being addressed are:
- How can we strengthen and ensure the survival of a minority culture such as Indigenous people in a colonised country?
- Are ancient Indigenous core value belief systems included in current value based research?
- Why and how did ancient cultures of the world evolve in the first place?
- How did ancient cultures maintain their belief systems?
- How did the colonisers disassemble an age-old culture so quickly?
- Is it possible to rebuild/revive an ancient culture in a colonised society, or indeed, strengthen the identity of any culture?