The Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) is pleased to announce the launch of the new interface for Mura®, AIATSIS’ collections catalogue.
AIATSIS Principal Russell Taylor AM said the next generation catalogue is a user-friendly platform that allows the world’s largest collection of material related to Aboriginal and Torres Islander peoples to be more discoverable.
“The front page brings together information that our newer clients need to know, like visiting us, accessing the collections, an introductory video about AIATSIS and its functions, and a link to a help page,” Mr Taylor said.
“The latest online exhibition from our curated collections is featured, and information about other Institute activities such as new releases from Aboriginal Studies Press is also prominent.”
Other new features include:
- An automated new accessions list for print and audiovisual material.
- Fuzzy searching functionality where search terms will get a wider list of hits – helpful when there are variations in the spelling of words.
- A ‘did you mean?’ function which will provide alternative suggestions for searches.
- Facets functionality that allows clients to do a broad search and then narrow it down very quickly by item type, author or collector, date or subject.
- Virtual rooms where AIATSIS can showcase selected parts of the collections. There are two rooms for launch – a family history room and a languages resources room.
Check out the new look Mura® now.
P: 02 6246 1605