This year’s National Reconciliation Week (NRW) is especially significant as the nation celebrates two major milestones in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history‑ on 27 May, the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Referendum and 3 June, the 25th anniversary of the High Court of Australia's Mabo decision.
From 27 May ‑ 3 June AIATSIS has joined up with cultural institutions across Canberra for visitors to enjoy a week-long program of special events.
Visitors will be treated to public activities, exhibitions, displays, lectures, tours, films and stories on these two important milestones and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identities and cultures.
Join the conversation on social media using #NRW2017.
Let’s take the next steps together this NRW. Visit reconciliation.org.au to find out more.
National Reconciliation Week
- National Reconciliation Week Trail
- National Reconciliation Week poster, factsheets, reading lists and guides
- The Referendum Australia had to have online exhibition
- The 1967 Referendum: Race, power and the Australian Constitution paperback book published by Aboriginal Studies Press
High Court of Australia’s Mabo decision
- High Court Mabo decision explore page
- Eddie Koiki Mabo explore page
- National Native Title Conference
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Mabo Decision in Townsville